Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer's Past


It's hard to believe another summer has come and gone.

It is still a little strange that I don't have the "back to school" excitement in my life. It seemed to give me a little rhythm in which to flow. Now, my weekdays and weekends all seem the same. The weeks and months and years all stack up to a decade of time that just whooshes by.

I sound old.

I did make peace with my mom's sewing machine over the weekend! BAM. Yep, I now have no excuses as to why I can't do all the little projects I have dreamed up in my head. Pillows Pillows Pillows. What is the obsession with pillows? I usually toss them aside because they really just get in the way..........but they bring such zing into a room. (Then onto the floor.) And I can also make clothes for my favorite granddaughter. Don't you know she will be thrilled when I offer to make her prom dress in about 15 years!!! Such idle threats. I had to use a magnifying lens to thread the needle..........15 years from now I will need a telescope. Who am I kidding.

So, on to the change of seasons and the changes of life.

Ch Ch Changes
Turn and face the strain......... David Bowie......... I love this line from that song:

I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
So the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same..........

Happy Post Labor Day

And as far as I'm concerned, wear those white jeans! Rules are just an invitation to boring......

XO - LA

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a slave to that rule!!! And don't get me started on pillows....my addiction!!

    ReplyDelete