Friday, September 9, 2011

Pop Goes The Orange


So, what's up? I spent the morning at Scott's Antique Market and I'm always amazed with what I see. I come away feeling equally inspired and feeling like I must waste a lot of my time. Really, you should see what people are up to!

I did see a lot of beautiful muted vignettes though and thought how lovely all those things would look with these pieces that I did a while back. There is something so calming about having lots of white and off white with just a POP of c
olor in play. I never really knew how much I liked orange until I noticed that it has a presence in my decorating quite often. And I'm not talking Halloween Pumpkin Orange......that would just be gross. I'm talking more of a chocolate-orange.

I guess I will spend the weekend playing with my photography a bit. I'm so so so excited. (why? you ask) I am doing my first encaustic workshop on Monday and it will totally open up my approach to showing my photography. Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it. Probably even have a little show and tell time next week. Well, only if they end up show-able. If t
hey are butt ugly, we will just pretend that I didn't share this with you.

I have a challenge for you. What new thing will you learn next week? All the studies show the importance of life long learning......so, what will it be for you? Perhaps reading about a totally new subject, or going to a museum. May
be it's going into the foreign territory of the kitchen and whipping up a souffle. I think it would be a great weekend to learn to ride a horse or milk a cow. Who knows, the sky's the limit (oh, that's a good one.....learn what stars are above you head tonight!)

Let's all try to turn off the "same ole same ole" for a couple of hours and dive into new territory. Don't worry if the souffle falls, just enjoy yourself........it will probably still taste good.


XO - LA

2 comments:

  1. Let's plan to go together next month! I need to learn organization skills!!! Not my best trait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to! Good luck with the organization skills! Might want to start small on that one....

    ReplyDelete