Thursday, September 15, 2011

!!! So Much Fun !!!



Hey there.

Well, I promised a show and tell if things went well on Monday with my encaustic photo workshop. It was over the top awesome! But, I really can't do an actual show and tell because there is no way to capture my pieces in a photograph of them. I can tell you that I learned a lot (Thanks Michael West!) and fell in love with this medium and process. It has turned my photographs into something you want to touch. Just beautiful.

What I have shared with you is the actual photograph of the piece that I "encausticised" which was my favorite of the day. It's a picture I took at Point Reyes National Seashore in August. There was some debris on the beach that I cleaned up, so here is a little before and after. I started with a photo taken on my iPhone, then played with in Photoshop just a little. To be honest, there wasn't much that I wanted to change from the original. I added some layers of texture and took out the pile of backpacks that looked really unsightly. Easy-smeasy!

Have a super Thursday and let me know what YOU learned this week.......... I'm always looking for a little inspiration, so bring it on.

XO - LA

No comments:

Post a Comment