Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seeing The Poetry





seeing the poetry ....

Isn't life about seeing the poetry
of it and in it?
Isn't it about stopping
in order to enjoy the moments?
Diving deeply in them....
Have we realized how
everything else is senseless?
We'll get no possessions,
when we leave this life,
with us.
All we'll take with us is who WE are,
and who we are is an accumulation of
our moments
in
life.


I saw this poem and thought about my trip to Los Angeles. That week was centered around yoga and girlfriends, so it was such a great opportunity for me to just "be". Be present, be myself.


I did take my camera out a little and played. In hind sight, I wish I had done more of that. L.A. is THE city to capture! As I looked back at the pictures tonight, I was reminded of the constant vibe of that city. Just be. OK, it is Hollywood and fake and kind of like a stage set.
But you know what?
They celebrate that in themselves!

It's like they shout.....
"HEY, LOOK AT US. WE ARE TOTALLY COOL BEING L.A. YEAH, WE KNOW WE ARE 'HOLLYWOOD-ISH', BUT THAT'S WHO WE ARE
AND WE ARE PROUD OF IT!"

So, let's celebrate the poetry of life,
and our part in it. It's about the moments,
and who we are in those moments.
Yeah, L.A. is a very material world place,
but it's a reminder of being who you are.
Whatever or whoever you are.

My goal:
If we could all....
just "be" who we are in every moment.
Oh, yeah,
and could we just try to allow others to
"be" who they are in every moment?

Hey..........wait.
This is all sounding very familiar.
Didn't the Beatles do something with this a few
decades ago?

Well, sometimes we must
rediscover life.
And Let It Be.

XO - LA

P.S. No photoshop with these pictures.
I decided to just
Let Them Be.

;)

1 comment: