Sunday, October 3, 2010

Before and After

Hi there!

It's been a while, but life has been good.
Busy, fun, and full.

Last night I played a bit with a photo
and thought I would share.
I'm having a great time with my photoshop
and can't believe all the fun buttons you can push.

This photo is one I have loved and been looking forward
to playing with it.
I took it while in San Miguel, Mexico last spring.
It was late afternoon and this little girl
climbed up the light post to get a better view of a parade.

I loved the way the light shone through her skirt.
(And I wanted her shoes!!)

While the photo was good,
I really wanted to get rid of the busy background.

I finally found a way to soften her surroundings.
(Don't you just wish it was that easy in life?)

I also played a little with the colors.
I hope you like the changes.



XO - LA

2 comments:

  1. Photo aps are so much fun, and what used to take hours in a darkroom can be done in minutes... or less! Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you changed this photo!!! I would love to know how you did it. I know I have a few pics of Sami that I have said to myself "I wish I could make that background softer or less busy..."

    ReplyDelete