Monday, August 29, 2011

From Here To There


You know, it's kind of interesting. With my art, I'm never really sure where things will end up. I'm usually not even really sure how they will start. I just go into my files and start dragging images into Photoshop and play. Sometimes things work out. Sometimes they get the big fat DELETE button action. Since I'm so new to all this, my feelings don't get very hurt when it ends up a hot mess.

Sometimes though, things get kind of interesting. I find myself in "the zone" and get lost in the process and have to pull myself back a bit to see what's happening with the piece. I was really excited about the Three Little Angels piece, but when I stepped back I saw another piece within it. (Is this an Art World Two-fer?)

I think it's also a bit of a reflection about life. When things start happening, good or bad, the tendency is to get all hyper focused on the "thing". This is especially true, I find, with the not so good stuff. Pain.......a good example. When my hip starts aching, I just wallow in that pain and feel all nice and sorry for myself. But, if I can pull back a little from that pain, I can see that while the hip is being the scene stealer, the rest of my body is feeling pretty damn good.

I think I will continue to try to look at my life with a little more of an artistic eye.......stand back a little and see what else is going on rather than stay so drawn up into what I think is "the thing".

What is the other thing I saw in my image? I found a little ship just floating along, happy as a clam. And no, there was never a boat image from my files that I used, it just appeared there for me.


Just a reminder...............whatever floats your boat. No, just kidding. It's a reminder that things aren't always the way they appear at first glance. Keep on looking.

XO - LA


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Its not just reading something you've written, It's like having a conversation with you but only listening (which is really hard to do.) But I had to comment on this one... This is something all people have to remember... to stand back and look. I might have to print this one and it's image to remind myself of this daily.

    ReplyDelete